Saturday, December 14, 2002

An hour to go

Wrapping things up for a Saturday evening.

Al Gore is scheduled to host Saturday Night Live in about an hour. The musical guest will be revered jamband Phish. One can only imagine the zany hijinks at the aftershow party.

Al will disappear into the Phish tour bus for about an hour, and then he'll walk around saying that everything "looks amazing" and "I never noticed how good Triscuits tasted before" and "Can we order some pizza? I mean, now?" He and Phish are no doubt already on the same page with the ecology thing.

Received a Borders gift card from my aunt and uncle. I'm looking forward to using it in evil and devious ways. That, or buying CDs. According to a story I saw in the newspaper today, gift cards and gift certificates are gaining popularity. And why not? It's a simple solution for relatives who've lost that day-to-day contact that can help to ensure a thoughtful gift.

Reading the second paragraph of this entry, I'm struck by the fact that hijinks are nearly always zany. Are there ever "normal, everyday hijinks"? I doubt it.

In other news -- The Lion King is the work of the devil. That is all.