Wednesday, December 25, 2002

Holiday tidings

Just finished sending off a round of e-cards to friends and liked ones.

I enjoy e-cards myself. You can send them much later, and write a lot more in them. You can include links to other sites, and even have Santa doing an obscene dance at the top if you want.

I don't send cards like that, of course. (I used to, but the legal bills have convinced me to do otherwise.) I go with more elegant, restrained designs. Such as Santa exploding.

This Christmas has been low key to a fault. Dropped off the S.O. at the airport in Tampa, and spent the rest of the day hanging around the house, watching DVDs, and eating chocolate. All pleasant pursuits.

I even found time to visit a video store, where I rented some intriguing films. I then visited another video store, where I bought myself a 3-DVD set on impulse. I'll detail all of these various rentals and purchases soon enough. The point is, I drove around and amused myself.

Spoke with the family on the phone. The mom sounded harried, if pleasant. The dad, bored. The sister, giggly. The grandmother, supportive. The brother, interested in talking about a possible computer purchase I'll soon make.

And such is Christmas. A day of cheer, food, and ho-ho-hoing.