Sunday, January 5, 2003

So then

As a committed diarist (that means I keep a diary, you sick-minded people!), I've jotted down the events of my life for the last dozen or so years. I thought I'd reproduce my entry from 10 years ago today. I would have been 14 years old, and a student in grade 8. I apologize for the fact I was so boring. Explanatory notes are in brackets.

January 5th, 1993:

Howdy do there! How are ya? Novel writing was not so prolific today. I simply didn't have the time! Managed to make it to page 92 though [Was working on the first draft of a preteen comedy novel titled How to Put on a School Play and Survive. Work was progressing reasonably quickly at this point].

Gym floor flooded, so classes are in cafeteria.

Gave name for character to Ms. S. Need to change. [Had a large part in the yearly assembly put on by the school's history teacher. She wrote little skits, and put me in the production as the character linking them all together.]

Went to bell choir [practice] tonight, had math homework. Book report due tomorrow. Will write in homeroom. Also day of meeting about show before Channel One. [Was about to start working on a news program about the middle school. The show would be broadcast before the 15-minute educational news program known as Channel One.]

Ah well, time to go. See ya!