Friday, September 12, 2003

Meet the Neighbors

When I walk the dog, I keep to myself. I bring a book or the newspaper or my thoughts. I concentrate on one of those items and try to keep Tundra from racing off and disemboweling woodland creatures.

The s.o., on the other hand, has an inexhaustible appetite for merry adventures, which he shares when he returns with the walked dog.

"Tundra was so excited," he says. "She got to meet Princess Muffin, who is owned by Ebenezer, who lives in a building down the way. Ebenezer is studying dentistry! Then I took the dog to the other side of the complex, and she ran across Conan the Lab, who is owned by this cool guy named Vaclav. And he said --"

And so on.

While I'm glad Max gets to have such a good time, it makes me feel like a recluse. At least I will always have my blog entries. They will always talk to me. They will always be my friends. Ah. That's better.