Monday, July 14, 2003

At Home

I'm in Kansas. In small-town Kansas, in the home where I spent eight years. I'm in my room, which has largely been changed by my father into a place for his assorted stuff.

There is no air conditioning here, which is making me cranky.

The S.O. is dealing with the dog at home. I miss him, and I wish I hadn't been so cranky when I talked to him. I well remember the week I spent with the dog, alone, while he was away. It makes one desparate for human companship and communication. Or silence.

But I'm making the best of it, I suppose.

We'll all be seeing Pirates of the Carribbean tomorrow. And I'm showing my sister many and varied computer games. And I might get some clothes and the like.

Then, once I return to home sweet St. Petersburg, it will time for James' visit. Eventually, I'll find my way back to work. I'll be ready for it when it comes, too.