Thursday, November 28, 2002

My Sweater

Purchased a sweater (made in Cambodia, according to the label) at Old Navy on Tuesday. It was $20. Indefensible, of course. I should have grown my own pesticide-free cotton, harvested it with my bare hands, spun thread, and woven the sweater whole. But time is limited.

To those in Cambodia, doubtless working in sweatshop-like conditions to produce this comfy piece of clothing I enjoy, I apologize. I will try to do better the next time.

The sweater is a deep green-gray, with a khaki stripe running horizontally across the front. The colors are ones I often wear, and it seems as though I have already owned it for years. That's how I prefer clothing. I don't like to break it in or make it my own or accustom people to seeing me in this or that. It should be me naturally, from the start.

Or perhaps I'm just rambling.