Monday, June 30, 2003

Tragic, Tragic Thoughts

Nothing more fun than mocking people you secretly feel superior to, right? Then let's take a look at some excerpts from the Official Enya Web site's message board. The subject? The eventual demise of the Irish singer / songwriter / ethereal goddess.

(In my defense, I've been known to listen to an Enya album. I have not yet been known to post on the Web about her though. Until today, I guess.)

But let's listen to the fans.

"Everybody,are waiting for the new album,(me too),but we dont know if this new album will be the last one(I hope not),but suppose this was the last one,what you do?? you will try to find another artist like her?? How many albuns she will make until stop making music??"

And then --

"Do not worry, I think we will be hearing music from Enya for a long time and I would say that she will be writing music for as long as she physcially and mentally able...but that is a scarry thought. You have heard this phrase in a very popular movie..."There is another"..."

And then --

"Sometimes I've thought about what it would be like if Enya had a daughter? Has anyone else ever been thinking about that? Just imagine... another ethereal girl with an angelic voice? Or a son? Can you imagine a handsome young man singing songs that would be classified in the genre of Enya? Sorry about my imagination... I actually don't even know if I wish or not that Enya would have children to continue her genre... I've just been thinking. As I said."

OK. It's gettin' scary. Or scarry, I should say.