Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Inside anime

I referenced AnimeNation in my review of Kiki's Delivery Service a few days ago.

I learned a day or two ago that the Web site has its headquarters -- and a retail store -- in Tampa. Max and I visited this afternoon. Fun place, though it seems most of the building is devoted to the Web business.

Picked up a copy of Cowboy Bebop -- Best Sessions, a two-disk set containing six episodes of the science fiction show. Back in December, I rented the set. This is what I wrote, back in the ancient past:

Cowboy Bebop is an "anime show about a bounty hunter's adventures in the future. Rented it on a whim last night, and have been watching through it this afternoon (this being my copy editor's Saturday and all).

It's beautifully done, albeit with the shortcoming I mentioned. The sense of style is unmatched, and the music is wonderful. Kind of a jazz/delta blues/pop mix."


What an insightful young man I was.