Thursday, November 28, 2002

Watching, Learning

On the slightly more upbeat side of things:

Spent my weekend (a.k.a. Tuesday and Wednesday) learning about Linux. Soon, all of the computers in the apartment may be running compact operating systems based on open-source code. Viva la revolution. Or something similar.

Watched Die Another Day, the latest installment in the Bond franchise. While I thought it would be the last go around for Pierce Brosnan as Ian Fleming's superspy, Entertainment Weekly is reporting that he's signed on to do another film. As for the movie, it had gleeful fun with the ridiculous plot turns and ruthlessly silly villians one expects from a quality Bond film. Halle Berry, as an American agent, hit her marks exactly right.

Then the boyfriend forced me to watch a couple of episodes of the Avengers. I'd read about the 1960s British spy TV show and seen the awful movie, but I'd never encountered the actual program. It was quite a hoot.