Friday, May 16, 2003

Random Grousing

It's been a tough week or so.

I've just come off the week of working zoned copy at the major metropolitan daily newspaper, and it's left me tired. I had a weekend that really wasn't that restful. Not sure why ... but I'm sure that staying up until the wee hours of the morning didn't help much.

I have to go to the dentist Monday, which fills me with dread. I had a filling come out several weeks ago, and I couldn't get into the office that my dental HMO assigned me. I didn't tell them it was an emergency, and thus got stuck calling them every day to see if an appointment had opened up. None did.

Thus, I'm scheduled to go to a fee-for-service dental technician bright and early Monday. Oh well. Just get it out of the way. To top that off, on Tuesday I have a meeting at work and on Thursday I get to go talk to a bunch of Dow Jones Copy Editing interns (the program I was in a year ago). The meeting and talk aren't bad things ... I expect to enjoy them ... but they are extra commitments.

Plus, I'm working a six-day week. Ack. Weeks like this come along, I suppose. Times like this happen. One just keeps at it.

And gripes about it in one's blog.