Friday, May 9, 2003

Please Mr. Postman

I've just finished writing an e-mail. Here's the edited, blog-spiffy version:

Dear M -- :

The two biggest events since I talked with you last are the purchase of a little vacuum cleaner and a watch. The Casio I had, after a couple of band replacements and several battery replacements, just had it. The little pin that connected the timepiece part of the watch to one of the bands wore through its tiny plastic tube. Thus, I couldn't get the band to snap on anymore. Have no idea if that makes sense, but it's broke.

So I went by Target and picked up a $20 Mossimo watch ... black band, but a rectangular face, with silver numbers and background. A little fancier than I expected, but the basic watches looked doofy.

While I was there, picked up a Dustbuster-clone vacuum. One room in the apartment is carpeted, so it's needed. This mini-vac is shaped kind of like a shark and is, in fact, called the shark. The package said it was powerful and such, so I bought it.

And such are the exciting events in the life of me.

Yours,
C --